How to be your own boss, make money and create value for your community - become a rentrepreneur!
I’m sure that most of you have heard of a little company in silicon valley called eBay yeah? (If not you’ve probably been living under a rock, but that’s ok!). Well I don’t know this for sure, but I would guess that the vast majority of people that use ebay are ordinary folk like you and me - people who want to sell something they hardly ever use or buy something online because it is often much cheaper. Well did you know that there are also a large number of people who sell things on eBay for a living, not just for a bit of extra cash? So here’s a thought, why not do the same thing on rentoid?
1. List the items that you already have and that you are happy to rent out on rentoid
2. Tell your friends, family, neighbours or heck, anyone who will listen to do the same
3. Ask those people to also list which items they would like to rent themselves
4. See which items are in high demand on the rentoid wanted list
5. Go and buy those items yourself, list them on rentoid for a price that is fair and will cover the cost of the item and there you have it! You have set up your own mini rental business!
By doing this you will:
-help your community make money from their idle assets
-help your community save money by encouraging them to rent instead of buying goods that are used infrequently
-help your community create closer relationships by doing business with one another
-save the environment too by reducing the number of things that need to be produced
-create value for other rentoid members, because like the telephone or the Internet, the more people use it the more valuable it is. You know it makes sense - Jusk like Keka said.
So give it a go, and please let us know if there is anything you would like help with that we could cover in future blog posts - such as how to convince people to use rentoid (it makes perfect sense to us! But we realise the rentoid model is something that most people are new to).