- Things worth less than $100 to buy never rent out. Don’t waste your time listing them.
- Items without pictures never rent out. make sure you item has a picture or it will never be rented.
- Pricing matters. When the price is right you rent things over and over again. when it is wrong it will never rent.
Here is the rentoid pricing guide:
Daily rental price = 1% of items value to buy
Weekly rental price = 5% of items value to buy
Monthly rental price = 10% of items value to buy
If you aren’t sure what it is worth to buy use the website www.getprice.com.au or Google it or even check on Ebay.
Put a bond down on your item to protect it. I recommend 20-50% of it’s value. Because people are normally renting things not because they can’t afford it, but because they only need it temporarily.
Here is a list of items which have been hot rentals lately:
1. Roof pods (Thule)
2. Roof racks for cars - especially during the holiday period
3. Wireless internet modem key’s
4. Light projectors for presentations
5. Gaming consoles (Wii Xbox et al) and all accessories
7. Boats (Skiining and fishing)
8. Trailers - any type - hot item.
9. Quirky Costumes - guy has a chewbacca suit which rents out on rentoid every weekend.
10. Laptops - any kind so long as it has wifi
11. Video cameras
12. Digital cameras
15. Apple Mac laptos
16. Pressure washers.
Also - just check you shed, spare room and garage.
Make sure you put in very detailed descriptions. The more words, the more rentals. People want info.
If you need any more info just call me Steve on 0438 779566 (I’m real and I’m here to help)